Can’t attend? Register now to receive a recording of the presentation.
Join VitalHub and Integral Health Solutions on November 21st with Hilary Heywood, Managing Director
This webinar will provide an overview of the Clinical Utilisation Review programme that has been incentivised nationally and adopted by hospitals in the UK. The session will cover the approach taken and highlight programme outcomes and successes.
Through a formal NHS framework that supports the adoption of clinical decision-support software as an integral part of hospital transformation and service improvement programs the following challenges are being addressed:
- Understanding where and how we need to invest to reduce inappropriate hospitalisation
- Reducing the numbers of non-qualified acute inpatient hospital bed-days and inappropriate length of stays
- Understanding and reducing avoidable internal discharge delays
- Identifying opportunities for improving patient outcomes, experience and satisfaction
- “A single version of the truth”. Identifying and understanding the reasons patients are not in the most appropriate setting for their clinical needs and how these can these be resolved
Dr. David Maltz
Dr. Maltz is a 1968 graduate of The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He completed a clerkship in pediatrics at Guy’s Hospital, London and received the rest of his pediatric training at Boston Floating Hospital and The Children’s Hospital Medical Center, both in Boston. He trained as a pediatric cardiologist at the latter institution. Following two years in the Air Force, he spent 14 years in the practice of general pediatrics in a community south of Boston. In 1988, he became corporate medical director for Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Massachusetts where he was responsible for case management, quality improvement, and technology review.
In 1994, he left to do healthcare consulting until assuming the role of President of The Oak Group in February, 1996. The Oak Group produces a clinical decision support and process control software system, The MCAP System, for use by hospitals and health insurers.
Co-founder and Partner of Integral Health Solutions, Hilary is visionary and a specialist in the design and implementation of innovative, system-wide transformational change programmes. Hilary has an extensive track record of leading commissioning system reform at the forefront of policy developments in the NHS.